Saturday, October 24, 2009

Baby Kicks

Hard to believe the pregnancy is going as fast as it is, on Tuesday I will be at the end of my 23rd week! I am feeling really good and enjoying being pregnant now. Many many times a day I feel lots of kicks from baby... makes me wonder how much energy this kid has - kinda scares me actually - haha. Everytime I go to the doctor and they listen for the heartbeat they comment how active it is because as soon as they get a good reading on the 'swoosh swoosh' of the heartbeat, it is gone and they are sliding the doppler around on my belly looking for my little athlete. It was the same story at our ultrasound (19 weeks and 1 day see below); the tech kept commenting on how active our baby is and was having a hard time getting good photos and seeing what he needed to see. I feel baby kicking and moving and it is a neat feeling - sometimes it surprises me how strong a punch/kick it can pack - and I know, 'I haven't felt nothing yet'!

The ultrasound results were very good - strong heart beat, 4 chambers to the heart, 12 major bones, 3 blood vessels in the umbilical cord (which is normal), placenta looks good and is properly placed, and of course, normal fetal movement. The ultrasound day itself went well; the tech allowed me to totally empty my bladder, which was a relief because 5.5 cups of water is far too much to drink in a 1/2 hour period! I think they make women drink that much water because they know women would try to drag on the ultrasound for as long as possible - but not if they are super uncomfortable with a nearly exploding bladder! (I know it is really to lift the uterus into view, okay...)!

The only real discomfort now is the peeing lots, not sleeping the night through due to being uncomfortable and having to pee, indigestion, and now apparently round ligament pain. This pain took me by surprise 2 days ago driving home at lunch - it was like getting kicked in the side out of no where and lasted as a sharp tightening pain for 30 seconds. Doc says it is normal and it is just my ligaments stretching out to accomodate my growing uterus. I have had to take it easy the last few days to keep that pain from coming back - now it comes and goes as a dull ache.

Now we look forward to our 4D ultrasound at Sneak a Peek in Kelowna on Dec. 12. No, we are not going to find out the gender - it is optional at the 4D ultrasound. We want to keep the most wonderful surprise a surprise until delivery day - extra motivation to keep pushing when I am in exruciating pain! It will be a priceless day for us to bond with our baby (I'll be 29 weeks then), plus we get to take home a 20 minute video of our baby and some still shots

Now only 5 more weeks and I start my 3rd trimester!!

Belly shot - 18 weeks

Profile
Profile with arm and hand waving

2 comments:

Sac Chane pas cher said...

Et aussi avec confiance, en plus de contentement de sélectionner dans quel lieu, étant donné que recommandé par divination Cina voyage cartes de tarot 75% sans frais qui sont souvent mis en place l'itinéraire à l'intérieur de piste vers votre personnel. Peut-être avoir confiance en soi tout au long de l'avenir proche, car il s'agit en fait d'effort sain et équilibré. Il peut être pour la plupart, toutes les hontes que, dans cette scénarios incertains, il est vraiment significative de toutes les personnes. La demande des clients destinés à modifier des sites à l'intérieur de dame pour commencer avec le reste. Utilisation de certains, il peut être parlé qui utilise récurrente relative à ajuster la position autour de la maison. un enchantement nouveau n'est tout simplement pas complètement et si évident, ils sont généralement propre Sac Hermès Lindy escapade acceptable au Tibet en faisant usage de voyages société. Quel sera tiers de base vacances samedi ou le dimanche qui sera son / ses pères et mères ou Sac Hermès Constance même le manger à l'extérieur. S'il vous plaît hommes qui souhaitent améliorer accessoire régions se rendre au Tibet pour se révéler en vacances.

Unknown said...

to b a mother is totally great achievement in woman' life.. :)


php training in ahmedabad