Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pregnancy

So... an update. How has pregnancy been? It has been a bit difficult at times - being tired, but mainly feeling really really sick almost all of the time. Sometimes getting sick, sometimes just in that constant state of feeling like you're going to hurl at any moment but you never do. Then there is constant burn in your stomach and in your throat that makes you feel nauseous.

.

My first prenatal check up... oh my goodness, hearing my baby's heart beat "kachug, kachug, kachug" come through the Doppler sounding strong, is the most emotional moment I have ever experienced! Hearing that makes all the sickness disappear. I was overwhelmed with emotion, emotion because this was verification that there truly was a little baby in me, emotion because I have always been fascinated with pregnancy and looked forward to experiencing it, and emotion because that little baby is part of me and part of Greg. Together Greg and I truly fell in love with our sweetie in that moment.

.

Luckily in the last couple of weeks I have finally started to feel less nauseous! I am 16 weeks and 2 days today. Today I had my 3rd official pregnancy check-up. I got to hear my sweetie’s heart beat again, which is always the highlight of the visit and a relief to hear. Today the baby’s heart beat was 160, last time it was 150. I am still below my pre-pregnancy weight thanks to feeling sick all of the time, but this time I gained a pound instead of losing – probably because I don’t feel so sick anymore!

.

The biggest news is that I can feel baby moving around now. I get the tinniest little kicks when I am paying attention and the other night when I was going to sleep, it felt like it was doing somersaults which felt sorta strange but very special at the same time. Nothing will put a smile on my face like feeling the baby kicking or moving – even when work is boring or frustrating, a little kick or two from baby is all it takes!

.

My next big milestone we are looking forward to is the ultrasound – which is September 30! By then I will be 19 weeks, which is nearly half way through. Greg and I can’t wait to see baby for the first time.

1 comments:

Susie said...

I am so sorry Trisha.... I no idea that you were updating this blog.... I feel awful. Congrats on your wonderful news. Now I know to check back for updates. Love ya.