I know my blog has been sadly lacking in a new post for hmmm... four months! No wonder I lose all my readers lol.
Life has been busy. Greg and I are dealing with many situations that have been extraordinarily stressful, but they also have been opportunities to grow as individuals as well as to grow closer to one another.
Greg’s brother’s wife is pregnant with twins; one boy and one girl. Greg’s brother and his wife are excited to be having a little boy and a little girl as they already have a 3 year old little girl. Just over one month ago, they found out devastating news; the little boy has a couple of congenital heart defects. This news was a serious blow to the family and has been the source of stress. It means that Greg’s brother, his wife, and their 3 year old will have to move to Vancouver, this coming Monday, in order to be closer to Women and Childrens’ Hospital in Vancouver. This way, the specialists can monitor the pregnancy and they will be close by when she goes into labour as the little boy will need surgery either immediately after birth or very shortly thereafter. We have all been praying for a housing situation to work out for the family as there is very limited places to stay in Vancouver, it is very expensive, and the Easter Seal House is also very expensive and not adequate for the length of time that they will be staying. They just found out that they were accepted into the Link House which is an organization that owns a complex and rents it out to families in situations like this. They are so relieved, now they will have a fully furnished 3 bedroom separate unit with a full kitchen, separate laundry, etc… We are all praying that the expertise of the many specialists at Women and Childrens’ will give this little boy the best possible chance. The babies are due December 1st, but they will stay in Vancouver until the little boy is stable and healthy enough to come home.
In the meantime, Greg and I have decided to house sit for his brother and wife while they are away (at least until December). We have decided that we will wait until October, when we are back from our honeymoon, we will start staying at their house.
My job with the government seems to slowly be coming to an end. I have been working at Child and Youth Mental Health primarily since May and have bee loving it. I was not the successful candidate for the Team Assistant position, which was heart breaking, but I am convinced that something more is around the corner for me. I may have a lead on some work with Interior Health, so I am looking forward to seeing where that will take me. I believe I may have more opportunity for work along the lines of my education with Interior Health than I would with MCFD in Penticton.
I have been able to spend more time with my little sister lately as I have been preparing her for our wedding. She had her first dress fitting a week and a half ago as she is having a dress made specifically for her… so Cinderella like! The other night we had a nice talk and she told me all about her fishing trip where she was playing on shore with her friend and they were catching frogs! I feel so lucky to be the big sister to such a great little girl.
Our wedding is just around the corner and Greg and I are very excited for our big day! As the days march closer, we realize how much there still is to do and at times it can be very overwhelming... especially with all that is going on in our personal lives with family, careers, moving, etc...
Yesterday Greg and I were on a drive and we started talking about our wedding and how beautiful it is going to be and how emotional it will be to exchange vows, how exciting it will be to have the same last name, to wear our wedding rings, call each other husband and wife, go on our honeymoon, and start our new life together as a married couple. I will put more wedding updates on my wedding blog www.aturquoisewedding.blogspot.com and try to upload pictures, this wasn’t working the other night.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
What I've Been Up To
Posted by Trisha at 4:40 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
your wedding is going to be amazing, I just know it!
Post a Comment