This past week I got two opportunties to travel with work for training and a conference. My first trip was to Salmon Arm to the Prestige Inn (see below) for an admin conference. Lots of fabulous food and great speakers. We did personality tests and talked about the interactions of different personalities, we learned about what we can do to help out third world countries, and we had a motivational speech about the fact that what we focus on is what we receive so we should stay positive.
The hotel was right on Shuswap Lake which is really low right now and so it was marshy in front of the hotel and it was a haven for birds. There were countless birds flying around of all kinds chirping away... very beautiful... among these was the blue heron seen below.
The morning after I got home from Salmon Arm I was on a flight to Vancouver for training on a computer program for Child & Youth Mental Health where I have been working more and more lately. I went a full day ahead of time so I could make a mini trip out of it.
right downtown on Hornby Street.
I loved my trip to Vancouver and enjoyed a tour of the Vancouver Museum (Emily Carr paintings and those she inspired's paintings, and Kutlug Ataman Paradis and Kuba which was 24 modern flat screen televisions with interviews with Californians who describe southern California as "paradise" and then in another room there were probably 50 old televisions of all sorts with different chairs in front of each one that was displaying interviews with residents of Istanbul.
I met up with my uncle Brian for lunch and then we walked all around downtown and I got to see his apartment. We picked up his doggie Bodie and went for a walk around Stanley Park and saw the beautiful scenery above.
Later I went the mall and found a perfum similar to the one I love but has been discontinued and I bought myself a cute blazer that is good for work.
All in all I had fabulous trips and I am so glad I am getting these opportunties! It makes me love my job :)
1 comments:
Wow, sounds like fun! I'm glad you got to visit with your uncle and his fur-child. I'm so happy that you get these wonderful opportunities... you worked hard for them with all those years of schooling.
Post a Comment