Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope your Thanksgiving was as relaxing and turkey filled as mine was. On Saturday we had a delicious (as always) turkey dinner at Greg's parent's house. Greg's grandma is in town from Medicine Hat; it is nice to spend some time with her as we hadn't seen her in over two years.

On Sunday, Greg and I braved making turkey dinner together. This was our first time making a turkey together and it went really well. It is definitely a lot of work though... we spent time on and off from 8am to 8pm doing dinner and clean up. It was worth it in the end though, the dinner was yummy but also we have leftovers, mom and Shane have left overs and most importantly Grandpa has leftovers.

The reason Greg and I made Thanksgiving dinner was because Grandpa was still in the hospital after having his knee replacement surgey. It worked out very well because Grandpa stayed in the hospital until he didn't need a bandage on the wound and could climb stairs (which is important in his house). He came home in the afternoon on Sunday to a turkey dinner and now has a ton of leftovers. I am so thankful that his surgery went well and barely a week later he is walking around and climbing stairs (slowly, but at least it is possible).

One last update- (I am behind on my blogging) on Thursday Greg and I met up with Karen & Garry for dinner as they were on their way home from Susan's and had picked up Greg's grandma along the way. We went to Denny's and we were all talking and suddenly someone came running in asking who owned a red car. I was worried so Greg went out and checked and it turned out to be a hit and run on my car. :( I was pretty devastated as I take really good care of my car. However, we are so lucky because there was a witness (the guy who came running in) and a license plate number. I guess it was a big truck and he hit my front end and instead of backing up and coming to look for the owner, he hit the gas and took 5 seconds to drive nearly up and over the front end of the car. There is substantial damage and the police and ICBC are looking into it, but in the mean time I have no headlight and everyone stares at my "damaged" car. I find it so unbelieveable how crazy some people are, had that guy that hit my car came and looked for me, or left his contact info on my car, his rates probably would have gone up a bit and maybe he would have had to pay the deductable, but now, if they can prove it, he will have a criminal record for the rest of his life. Insanity to me...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your turkey dinner went well. Have been meaning to phone and ask about but have been busy with mom, work, and i really don't know what else. We are still eating turkey too.
I fugured out how to use my embroidery machine today. Wrote MO (it was supposed to say MOM, but I didn't leave enough room) and I made a flower, complete with leaves, pretty cool really. I am so excited. Talk to you later
Mom