I'll tell you the story of how I became the one foot ski boot woman....
I was on my way to a dentist appointment from work. I spotted my car just outside the parking lot. I was beelining to my car in my nice suit and cute shoes and the next thing I know I am on the ground. My cute shoes failed me... no support and when I unknowingly stepped half on, half off the curb, my foot rolled under me and I fell to the ground. I feel myself falling but I can't stop it. I get the instant reaction... I'm fine! Nobody worry about me! Especially when I see the old man sitting in his car right beside mine shaking his head at me sitting on the ground. I was mortified so I stood up instantly and took the 10 painful steps to my car. I sit in my car dumbfounded for a moment or so and then continue onto the dentist as I am assuming I just bruised my foot or pulled a tendon.
As I walk the distance from my car to the dentist and sit down in the dentist's waiting room I realize how sore my foot really is. I look down to see a huge goose egg on my foot that is turning blue. I borrow the phone and call my work and let them know what happened. I sit for the next hour in the dentist chair with ice on my foot and had two advil.
I won't bore you with the rest of the details of my day as it consisted of hour and a half wait times at first the walk-in doctor (oh and being rejected by the first walk in clinic as it was too busy), then a long wait at the x-ray clinic, and again at the walk in clinic to be told (and after walking around all over Kelowna to determine this) that I have a fracture in a bone on the top of my right foot. I almost couldn't believe it because I have never broken a bone in my life...
So now I wear an ugly ski boot for the next four weeks... the boot is black, and if I wear black pants it sort of camoflauges it... sort of ... except it makes me limp and it squeeks!
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Ski Boot
Posted by Trisha at 9:27 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That sucks. I remember falling in between cars at the university here in Kamloops. The lot was icy and I ping-ponged off of the two cars I fell between! A lady actually screamed and ran over to me! I wasn't hurt (actually I felt it the next day) but I was sure embarrassed. At least you have a war wound to show!
Post a Comment