Friday, May 25, 2007

Graduation


The only real thing I could think of to update my blog on is that my graduation ceremonies are this weekend, June 2nd. I am excited that I finally get to walk across the stage and accept that piece of paper that represents all the hard work I have put into school (the most expensive piece of paper I'll ever buy lol!).


I was only able to invite four people to come to my grad unfortunately, but we are having a dinner out afterwards at Earls at 6pm in Kelowna if anyone is interested... I did make the reservation for the number of people flexible.


I got my grad photos done the other weekend and so they should be available soon enough. I'll post them when I get them.


I really hope that I find an employer soon that will want a newly graduated student. Everyone is always saying that a degree is so valuable, so when is it going to start being valuable?? lol It almost seems like a joke, now that I am done university, it seems that employers are much more interested in concrete work experience, which we all know college students often trade in order to focus on school work. So, if I had chosen the other route I would have more concrete work experience, but I guess then you could bet that they would point out that I didn't have university training!


I did however apply for a government job, so cross your fingers for me, I am really hoping that it will work out.

0 comments: