Thursday, December 13, 2007

My Birthday Weekend


I am a tad bit late posting about my birthday weekend! We started out the weekend with a visit with Karen & Gary and had lunch. They got me a fantastic set of salt & pepper shaker/grinder in stainless steel...love them.
Then we went to Shane & Margaret's and had a superb steak dinner. Then I went out for drinks with my friends Andrea, Nicole, Kendall, Colleen, and Mike at the Parrot and Hooded Merganser. We had a great time, but drank far too much because Mike kept buying rounds lol... I don't usually drink that much, especially when I have to wake up the next morning and be social.
The next morning we woke up to it snowing. We drove down to have breakfast with Courtney who was in town from Kamloops. While having breakfast we got the call that Margaret had a minor accident at the round about which Greg and I had just gone through and slid a bit ourselves. Greg dropped me off at Grandpa's as Amber was on her way over and he drove Margaret home.
Had a quick but nice visit with Amber, mom, Grandpa and Shane. We had lunch and cake and opened presents. Then we spent the rest of the time playing hide and seek with Amber :) It brought back memories to when I was a kid hiding in some of the same places (and some not that I now do not fit lol).
At the end of it all, Greg snapped this family photo that I love because we have everyone together :)

2 comments:

C said...

I like the picture - it can be difficult to get everyone together sometimes! Shane's so grown up and Amber looks tall! Crazy how time flies. You're mom looks good and so does your Grandpa.

Susie said...

I am so glad you had a good birthday. Wish we could have been there to celebrate it with you. Miss you. PS: Mom showed me some pictures of your party favor idea. I like it. You should check out Michaels, they have lots of different molds and food colouring. You could even do something in your colours.