I had one of those great days today. I love those days... just yesterday I came home frustrated and fed up with my job... but after a good sleep, I started out fresh today and everything just seemed to work out.
I have had my health and weight on my mind a lot lately as well (in reference to Susie's post). I recently joined Yoga and I went for the first time the other night and it was quite the experience. It was so relaxing and not at all difficult... or I should say wouldn't be the slightest bit difficult if I was in the same shape that I was five years ago. It consisted of a lot of basic stretches that really drove home how stiff and sore my back has really become. I wake up most mornings barely able to move... I don't have the answer to why I have let it get this bad, but I know I must change...NOW.
I was stiff after Yoga. After basic moves I was stiff. That alone is a signal that things need to change, but I plan to stick with this and make other changes in my life. Going back to my day today, as I was saying about things falling into place, it just so happened that a massuese was coming to the building at work (she comes every 2 weeks at this office) and I signed up... only $15 for 15mins and I can reimburse half of it! I was a bit hesitant at first because of how stiff I already was and my last experience with a massuese turned out to be a mistake. She was wonderful! My back felt so much lighter and I could move without stiffness or pain.
Now going back to the Yoga (sorry this is all over the place, just going with my train of thought), I really believe in the theory behind it because it forces you to really focus on and feel your body. We spent time just laying on the mat and breathing, conscious breathing and feeling out lungs filling and releasing. It really made me feel good to listen to my body and I felt special... I was paying attention to how precious my body is and that it does deserve the best from me, and I have not been giving it the best I could... at all.
I hope to keep making day to day decisions that make me healthier like Yoga, reducing carbs, drinking lots of water, and trying to go for walks on my breaks.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Mind Body Connection
Posted by Trisha at 5:37 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good for you Trisha. I personally know how hard it is and truly is a daily struggle. I don't want to live a life totally consumed by what I eat and how I exercise, but it dawned on me a few days ago that I already do. Whenever I eat something 'bad' I either feel crappy physically, but mostly emotionally. And as for exercise, I don't do things that I love (ie: soccer) because of my weight. So I asked Dana if he would help me. It has been 12 hours since the 'decision' and so far so good.... LOL.
I went to a masseuse a few times and I'm pretty stiff in my back - its pure HEAVEN. You melt into a puddle of warm nothingness. LOL. Good for you - you and your body are important!
Post a Comment