Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Things are Coming Together

I have been through a pretty stressful month... but things are starting to come together.

My foot is nearly healed, only one more week before I go back to the doctor and hopefully he'll tell me I can stop wearing this clumpy ski boot.

WCB should be sending me a check to pay for the expensive boot.

When my foot is better I'll be able to drive myself around town and to work again... which has been a real hassle as I'm used to doing all that for myself.

My car has an appointment to get fixed in Nov 1st and the headlight and blinker should be temporarily installed this week... if the part gets in. Driving around K-town without a left turn signal is a very dangerous thing to do... way too many insane drivers here to have that be safe (and people here don't seem to have a clue what a hand signal is and put two and two together that we are quite obviously misisng the whole light portion on the car and our hand is out the window because we are turning)!

ICBC is still trying to determine if the guy that hit my car can be proven guilty or not and if he can they will reimburse us the $300 deductable, so I hope they catch that ......... guy.

One last thing that I have been ashamed of and haven't posted about (the third thing in the list of bad things ...as they say they bad things seem to come in threes) and taking a step in Susan's direction of being honest I'll let it out....

I got a phone call from a vacation company telling me I had won a trip. I know all about the scams that are out there so I was skeptical. But then they asked me if I remembered entering a draw for a free trip at the IPE, which I did do and did remember. They told me all the information I had written out and said congrats, I was the winner. You have to admit, that would be pretty awesome if that was the case... especially because you have a year to use the vacation, a cruise to the Bahamas and a trip to Orlando... I thought wow, this would be perfect for our honeymoon. But naturally, there was a catch... a fee here and there that wasn't covered, which ended up being more money than I was prepared to spend... anyways long story short I realized what I had gotten myself into and now I am almost done digging myself out. I guess if they hadn't reiterated the information I KNOW I entered and my honeymoon wasn't coming up (I just thought, ok a couple of fees, but that still makes for a cheap honeymoon) I wouldn't have gone through with it.

These things coupled with my new job which requires me to bounce around to all these offices and do things that I have really no experience in and that they have no time whatsoever for training me on, as they are severely understaffed, has left me more than a little stressed. I really dislike not knowing how to do my job... and it is pretty hard to learn when I am very often the ONLY admin staff member "running" the office...

Today was a good day though, I was finally put in an office where someone has the time and patience to answer the kazillion questions that I have been accumulating over the past three months. It was sooo great to get some answers :)

So, by November, the car should be fixed; I will be driving again; my foot should be better; I should have money back from ICBC, WCB, and the vacation company; and my job should be making more sense to me.

Wow, if you actually read through all of that you are amazing and probably a little more than bored, but I feel better now that I have let it all out :)

2 comments:

C said...

I think it's a good month for things "coming together" as they seem to be for me as well. Glad to hear your foot is better and you'll get some money back. When things are bad, they can only get better!

Susie said...

I love hearing what you are up to. Honesty is best. Here's to things coming together- yay!