Hi all! I had a great trip to Victoria to see my dad and grandparents and meet my half sisters and brother, as well as my aunts, uncle, and cousins.
The trip down went smoothly, I left shortly after work and took a cab to the airport, it cost $30.00 though. Then I took a plane to Vancouver which was a propeller plane; and I was sitting in a window seat right beside one of the propellers... noisy to say the least, but oh well. Then I took a nice comfy big jet to Victoria and was probably only in the air for all of 15mins.
When I arrived I was waiting for my baggage and spotted my dad, Lindsay, and Jeremy who were there to pick me up. Alyssa stayed behind to make my bed.
I felt an immediate connection with Alyssa (17), Lindsay (16) and Jeremy (almost 14) and I am so glad I met them. They are the nicest people and they were so understanding and accepting of me, I love you guys!
The next day we had a birthday party/welcoming for me at Glen and Eveline's house. My dad and his girlfriend Linda, Alyssa, Lindsay, Jeremy, Glen, Eveline were all there along with Mark (my dad's brother) and his partner Heather, my aunt Colleen her partner, and two of her kids Ryan and Laura.
In the evening we watched Deja Vu, the best movie... one of my favourites.
The following day we went to the beach but it was really windy so we went across the street to Royal Roads. We went through the gardens there which are beautiful, it amazes me the type of exotic plants that grow there, such warm weather I guess. We also saw the Hatley castle on the grounds which was cool and a little touristy muesum with some original castle furniture and a carriage that would have been drawn by horses at one point.
Later that night we had a big turkey feast with the whole family and sat around and talked.
Monday morning I woke up at 3:30am (ouch!) and my dad drove me to the airport to catch my 5:40am flight... and I made it to work by 9am which was when I was expected.
Here is a funny video of my uncle Mark singing about Lindsay, he was a blast,
and so good at making things up on the spot, very talented!
Left to right: Colleen's partner, Heather, Mark, Colleen, Jeremy, my dad, Linda, her daughter Shaylee, Alyssa, and Ryan.
Left to right: Linda, Glen, Jeremy, Colleen, Ryan, Eveline, Mark, Laura, Alyssa.
My dad and I
This picture is too funny... he looks like a monkey lol... me, my dad, and Lindsay
My dad and Linda
My dad and Alyssa
Alyssa
Lindsay
I don't know how I didn't end up with a single picture of Jeremy... but my camera died half way through the trip and we probably will need a new one, it got sand in it. :(
Me, Lindsay, Jeremy, and Alyssa
My dad and Alyssa
Alyssa, me, my dad, and Daniel (Colleen's oldest son, my cousin who is my age)

2 comments:
Hey Babe, I am glad you enjoyed your trip so much ... a lot of new faces for you to know. Greg
wow.. you sure look like your dad. and yo look like you fit right into the family. and are pulling a susie. you 'accidently' got sand in your camera??? now you 'have' to get a new camera... lol just kidding.
Post a Comment