Friday, August 3, 2007

Two weeks done

I've completed my first two weeks... whew! Work itself has been just fine, everyone is kind and understanding and letting me figure things out... especially because almost everyday was a new day with going to 7 different offices!

I am adjusting to being on a regimented schedule and I am liking it more than I thought I would. It is nice to know when I'll be getting my breaks, how long they'll be, etc...

Although, it has been a serious adjustment to start working full-time. The most difficult thing has been that Greg has not been home for the last two weeks at all except when I am sleeping. I have just barely been getting by... learning all of this at work and the adjustment of it all and with no one to talk to in the evenings has really gotten to me... and go figure, he is working afternoon shift yet again next week. Three weeks in a row is totally abnormal. Why do these things happen at such inopportune times? I suppose it is some sort of test of your endurance when situations like this stretch you to your limit. It seems that when you think you have reached your limit, your limit gets pushed a little further.

When I come back to reality I realize that this is not that big of a deal in the whole scheme of things and how lucky I am to have the life and job that I do. But still, in the moment (and weeks) it can seem barely tolerable. But, I love my job.... I really mean it.

0 comments: