Monday, July 23, 2007

First Day

Today I had my first day as a civil servant... it was great! Actually today all I did was get a quick tour of the office area, got more paperwork, and read employee information on the computer. I was on my own for most of the day reading. Tomorrow should be a little more stimulating but hopefully not too nerve wracking, as I am sitting up at the front reception area doing the job that I was hired for.

I got my schedule and I am scheduled for the next two weeks and I'll be going to a total of six offices in that time frame. Tomorrow I'm back at the main head office and then I'll be heading over to the aboriginal resources office on Wednesday and Thursday and then back to the main office again on Friday. The next week I am really bouncing around to lots more offices... it should keep me on my toes!

I got introduced to sooo many people today and I haven't a clue what any of their names are any more except the main ones lol... thank goodness there is a board with people's names and their pictures so I can get it figured out... but that will take a while as there are probably 20 people at the main office and who knows how many in the other six offices!

2 comments:

Susie said...

That rox, trisha. I am so happy for you. You are now big time boss lady. LOL. We are so grown up, eh??? Love ya- see you soon.

C said...

Sounds like a lot of learning! Wow, good for you for getting a gov't job! You'll do great with that possitive attitude and friendly nature of yours. You'll work your way up to Prime Minister or something! I'd vote for you.