I called my new boss this morning to find out the scoop on the new job and to see if I was working today or not. I was just told to call today... so I called at 8:15am (office opens at 8:00) and she was like, wellll I just got back from two weeks holidays 15 mins ago and I have no idea what is going on yet and she said she would call me back later today.... still waiting and anticipating... lol
I should talk about my wedding plans as everyone seems to be dying to know... there are no plans yet hehe. But, that's not to say I haven't been thinking and stressing (somewhat) over it! I pretty much have my heart set on September 6, 2008 as the date, although it'll depend on bookings available that day. I think location is the most complicated part... we decided a long time ago we want an outdoor wedding and we have checked into a few options... Ornamental Gardens (they want only 65 guests and we have 126 or so and it is a public place so parking is limited and can be used by the general public that day), we have thought about beaches/parks but again everyone is worried about the fact that it is a public place and parking is always an issue with that many people, we have looked into Lost Moose Lodge but if we do catering up there it will be very expensive, and I have looked into the SS Sicamous which I really wanted to do but there is limited space for people, it is really expensive and you can't have candles as decorations because it is a historic boat and they don't want it to burn down understandably! and I want candles as decorations so it is out lol!
I have thought about the fact that we will want the ceremony site and reception site to be in the same town so that means picking Summerland or Penticton. Summerland is beautiful but it is more limited with places to hold receptions.
I have been thinking about my attendants and I have a pretty good idea who I am going to pick, but I am worried that if I pick one person and not another someone is inevitably going to be upset/hurt and I don't want to do that. I am excited about the Maid of Honour which I have already informally announced that Michelle would be because she did introduce us afterall, but I am worried that because she is now living in Ontario for school that coming to a fall wedding in the fall semester and also attending all of the pre-wedding things such as fittings, showers, bachelorette parties, etc... will be difficult for her to be around for.
Finally, the biggest thing holding me back is that I want to know that we have some steady income above and beyond regular bills that can be put towards the wedding before I start... and this all hinges on my new job and geeeez I wish she'd call me back :)
If anyone has any ideas for locations, advice about picking attendants, advice in general, or any support they could offer, I could really use some right now.
0 comments:
Post a Comment