This weekend was a busy but family filled weekend. On Friday, Greg and I drove to Kamloops after he was off work. We went for a family gathering to celebrate Katie's grad (and mine too), as well as David and Corrie's expected baby. It was a nice excuse to get us all together, which my family so seldom does. My uncle Brian, uncle Randy and aunt Irene were there along with aunt Sandra and uncle Rick, cousin Katie, and cousin David and his wife and daughter. I absolutely love Sandra and Rick's yard; they have made it such a beautiful place to relax with the stone patio, roses, white lights, outdoor fireplace, etc...
I had a good talk with Irene and she has graciously offered to help sew my bridesmaids' dresses, which is so amazing because she is a superb sewer! Thanks Irene :)
Congratulations Katie on achieving your Bachelor of Arts degree! It is hard work, but will be worth it.
Saturday morning we had breakfast and then drove back from Kamloops the back way.... along Barnheartvale Road to Hwy 5A and to the connector. On the back road we passed several chain lakes and were surprised to see such low levels on some of the lakes (visible white rock beaches) given the current flooding state of the province.
Sunday we went to Summerland for Ava's baby shower. Ava has grown so much already in the last 3 weeks, she is such a cutie pie. From the shower, Ava should have enough clothes for the next year I would think lol. Holding such a sweet baby makes me look forward to having one of my own in the future.

I got to hear a bit more about Susan and Dana's plan to move to Saskatchewan and totally understand their reasoning for going. I also believe it will be a wise financial move, but we will still miss them all.

I had a good talk with Irene and she has graciously offered to help sew my bridesmaids' dresses, which is so amazing because she is a superb sewer! Thanks Irene :)
Congratulations Katie on achieving your Bachelor of Arts degree! It is hard work, but will be worth it.
Saturday morning we had breakfast and then drove back from Kamloops the back way.... along Barnheartvale Road to Hwy 5A and to the connector. On the back road we passed several chain lakes and were surprised to see such low levels on some of the lakes (visible white rock beaches) given the current flooding state of the province.
Sunday we went to Summerland for Ava's baby shower. Ava has grown so much already in the last 3 weeks, she is such a cutie pie. From the shower, Ava should have enough clothes for the next year I would think lol. Holding such a sweet baby makes me look forward to having one of my own in the future.
I got to hear a bit more about Susan and Dana's plan to move to Saskatchewan and totally understand their reasoning for going. I also believe it will be a wise financial move, but we will still miss them all.
This is the sunset Sunday night.
Talk about a view!
View from Shane and Margaret's yard.
0 comments:
Post a Comment