I am sure you are all aware by now that I am in the process of searching for a career now that I have finished university.
I am very frustrated at this moment. Any college student will talk to you of the "no experience, no work and no work, no experience paradox". What is frustrating me at the moment is that I applied for a job through a placement agency and it seemed to be the perfect fit: in a human resources field, within walking distance (5 mins), an amazing wage, and I had all the experience that was requested on the job description. I went for the interview and things seemed to go really well and the lady was talking about which days I would be available to work the next week and who would be training me etc... I thought that this was a pretty good sign that I could be hired. Instead, I find out a week later that they decided to go with someone that has 10 years experience instead.
Seriously.
Ten years experience. How does a college student like myself compete with that? Potential employers all want someone with experience.... great, where does this leave me? How are you supposed to "break-in" and get that experience??? Someone has to give me a chance.
I have an interview lined up for Monday and another one that is supposed to be calling me this week for an interview.
On a more positive note, we had Susan, Dana, Kynan, and Ava up for dinner last night. It was such a nice visit. Ava was a month old exactly yesterday and I think has grown lots since her birth. She is such a strong baby, all wiggly and stretching. Kynan had a good time playing with uncle Greg's transformer toys and playing pig in the middle with Greg and Dana. Susan, Karen, and I are going to enter the Farmer's Market next week... so I'd better get crackin' with making more cards!
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Rant
Posted by Trisha at 7:18 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment