Wednesday, April 4, 2007

New Job

Hey, so the last post I was all excited and giddy about my new job... now I have worked there three days and I am feeling a little upset/uneasy. I feel really sad about leaving my old job as it was one that I truly enjoyed, which can be rare to find, but I felt it was time to move on seeing as my degree was finished and everyone says how I should be getting a better job. The prospect of being a manager sounded so aluring and was exactly what I wanted to hear. I feel now that I jumped on the band wagon too quickly and didn't consider or worry enough about several things...(hind sight is 20/20).

The store is still run corporately until Stacey takes over in May and I am supposed to be there training right now. The currently people there are being minimally polite to me as I think they see me as the enemy that will take away their jobs. Needless to say my training has been minimal and everything they talk about is extremely negative. I am feeling really down right now; it is hard enought to deal with quitting school, leaving an old job and friends behind, and starting a new job, but having the new people be aloof at best is really difficult.

I am trying to pull every last strain of positive thinking out of me but I am not dealing with this as well as I had hoped, but live and learn I guess. The thing that makes it extra complicated is that Stacey went for a trip to Australia before she takes over so I can't even talk to her about these problems, and I probably shouldn't too much either because this is between me and the other people...

I hope this all works out soon and I hope I can let go of missing the old store and stop comparing it to the new store!

1 comments:

C said...

Wow, it sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. You have such a great personality, they won't be able to resist you for long! Hang in there, it's just a job; you've got a great support network of friends and family! Congrats on finishing university.