These are pictures of me at my grandpa's house on the weekend. My grandpa, mom, Shane, and Greg were there to help me celebrate. Later that day I went out for dinner at Zias with Karen and Garry (with two r's I know lol), Greg, Shane, Margaret, and Lorelei. The meal was in celebration of my birthday and Karen and Garry's 29th Wedding Anniversary, congrats again you two! Above is a cute picture of Lorelei munching on the bread that she found so delicious at that meal!
.
On Tuesday, my actual birthday, I had a good day looking around shops and I had gift certificates. I ended up getting some badly needed new make-up, fancy felts and metallic pens, cozy slipper socks, and new glasses.
.
Later I went for a massage as my gift from Greg. I was going to go to a spa but it was too expensive so I called up a registered masseur. I went in and the guy was a total health freak. I know that I am not in the best of shape and he let me know immediately that I had MAJOR work to do on myself for about twenty minutes....lol. Then he started the massage and was talking about my muscles being like concrete. This cracks me up, then he went on to use similes and said that your health is like a garden, you must weed it a bit everyday. According to him my garden is over run with weeds haha. As he is massaging me I am screaming "ow" in my mind because he is using his whole weight to press in with his elbow down my spine. Needless to say I am very sore today. I guess it will be more beneficial in the long run than a spa massage and everything he said about my health is true, but not something I didn't already know. It wasn't exactly the relaxing, esteem boosting massage I was looking for, but an interesting experience none-the-less.
.
Later that night Greg took me out to the Cattle Country. I had a delicious steak and thought I'd try blue cheese with it because I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I now have a very defined opinion on blue cheese, ewwww. It would be delicious if you crave the taste of mold! Yes, never again for me, but live and learn I guess.
.
Then we went home and watched Dane Cook's new standup comedy routine Vicious Circle, he is hilarious, but that routine wasn't as good as others of his.
.
All in all it was a great day. Opps, I let my posture at the computer slip, don't want to make the masseur unhappy, better sit up straight, lol.
4 comments:
sorry about the taste experience but blue cheese is blue cheese and can not be disquised with steak as anything but blue cheese.... an acquired taste.
had one of those painful massages done and the elbow on the spine would never be classed as a relaxing experience.
We did enjoy our evening out with the kids to help celebrate out anniversary.
Happy Birthday Trish!!!!
xoxo Heather
Trisha, that was a good night at Zias'. Lorelei was a little eating machine. Glad to hear your birthday was a fun-filled day but I gotta tell ya, blue cheese is yummy!!!! Love ya girlie!
Thanks for the comments guys, it's always nice to know someone is reading! Thanks for reading Heather, hope life is going well for you, are you doing school in Ontario now?
Post a Comment