I have been wanting to post for sometime now, but have been unsure of what to post about as it has been so... since January!
Over the last few months, we have settled into our place and it really feels like home now, I hosted a babyshower for Georgia, and I have changed jobs and am now working for Interior Health as a receptionist.
I have been feeling a bit lost lately. I think up until recently in my life, I have always had a 'plan'. I was to finish high school, finish university, get a job, get married, move back to Penticton... now, I've done all that and I am left with a feeling like 'now what?' What is next? I think, for a while, what is next is just life... living, day-to-day, going to work and coming home, cooking and cleaning, and enjoying weekends. I guess that sounds petty, I just am not used to 'just living' I feel as though I am without purpose or direction right now. I am reminded by others that it is okay to 'just live'.
I have noticed that when I 'just live' I have been focusing more on myself. I am watching what I eat a little more, I am getting on my eliptical every morning - even though it is only for 2 mintues - that machine is hard! I wake up excited to add another day to my new exercise routine and find I have more energy in the evenings and want to go for walks and clean the house more. I am taking the stairs everyday without fail at work and Greg and I have been going on hikes on the weekends. Small changes like that are making me feel good, although they have not registered on the scale yet, for now, it doesn't have to be about that, but instead about feeling better.
Rather than ramble on with a really long post, I'll just do the rest as a picture update :)
Easter at Greg's parent's
Over the last few months, we have settled into our place and it really feels like home now, I hosted a babyshower for Georgia, and I have changed jobs and am now working for Interior Health as a receptionist.
I have been feeling a bit lost lately. I think up until recently in my life, I have always had a 'plan'. I was to finish high school, finish university, get a job, get married, move back to Penticton... now, I've done all that and I am left with a feeling like 'now what?' What is next? I think, for a while, what is next is just life... living, day-to-day, going to work and coming home, cooking and cleaning, and enjoying weekends. I guess that sounds petty, I just am not used to 'just living' I feel as though I am without purpose or direction right now. I am reminded by others that it is okay to 'just live'.
I have noticed that when I 'just live' I have been focusing more on myself. I am watching what I eat a little more, I am getting on my eliptical every morning - even though it is only for 2 mintues - that machine is hard! I wake up excited to add another day to my new exercise routine and find I have more energy in the evenings and want to go for walks and clean the house more. I am taking the stairs everyday without fail at work and Greg and I have been going on hikes on the weekends. Small changes like that are making me feel good, although they have not registered on the scale yet, for now, it doesn't have to be about that, but instead about feeling better.
Rather than ramble on with a really long post, I'll just do the rest as a picture update :)
Easter at Greg's parent's

0 comments:
Post a Comment