
On Sunday January 28 Greg proposed to me and this is our story... Several weeks ago Greg and I were planning to have a ring made and so I was looking around different websites for ideas on different settings. I found a ring with hearts under the diamonds and we both decided that is what we wanted. After a horrible first encounter with one unnamed jewellery store to have our ring made, we decided to look elsewhere for options. Greg ended up going down and buying the ring I had picked out back in October (the ones with the hearts for a setting) while I was at work. I found out shortly thereafter that he had bought the ring... and I was so excited. We went down and had it sized next. For the last couple of weeks we had the ring but I had no idea when Greg was going to pop the question.
Last Saturday Greg took me out to dinner after a long day at work to the restaurant we went to on our very first date nearly five years ago. I thought for sure that he was going to ask me that night so I spent time curling my hair and getting ready for the big night. After dinner nothing had happened so we left and he took us for a drive along the lake. I was sitting there thinking "am I supposed to act like I don't know that he is going to propose?" After a nice drive he just drove us home, and I was like ‘what the heck?’ because I thought that we wouldn't get another opportunity to be alone until next weekend by that point.
The next day Greg and I went on our walk along the Mission Park Greenway which we do from time to time. After walking for a bit we found a bench and sat down. Before I knew it Greg was down on one knee and saying he wanted to be with me for the rest of his life and asked me to marry him. Of course I said YES!!
I am so happy to be engaged to Greg, we have been looking forward to doing this for a long time and the right ring and moment finally came along. I am so happy to know that Greg and I will be together for a lifetime! I look forward to our life together very much.
Here are some pictures of the ring ... the best my camera would manage.
Last Saturday Greg took me out to dinner after a long day at work to the restaurant we went to on our very first date nearly five years ago. I thought for sure that he was going to ask me that night so I spent time curling my hair and getting ready for the big night. After dinner nothing had happened so we left and he took us for a drive along the lake. I was sitting there thinking "am I supposed to act like I don't know that he is going to propose?" After a nice drive he just drove us home, and I was like ‘what the heck?’ because I thought that we wouldn't get another opportunity to be alone until next weekend by that point.
The next day Greg and I went on our walk along the Mission Park Greenway which we do from time to time. After walking for a bit we found a bench and sat down. Before I knew it Greg was down on one knee and saying he wanted to be with me for the rest of his life and asked me to marry him. Of course I said YES!!
I am so happy to be engaged to Greg, we have been looking forward to doing this for a long time and the right ring and moment finally came along. I am so happy to know that Greg and I will be together for a lifetime! I look forward to our life together very much.
Here are some pictures of the ring ... the best my camera would manage.
4 comments:
I just wanted to say Congratulations!!
Congratz Trish!! I'm soo happy for you and Greg, I know you guys will be happy forever. Thats such a wonderful story about how he proposed too!!
I love you baby I do read once in a while. Love you forever
Congrats trisha. I see you got your nails done too. You show off that ring- it's a beaut! I am so happy for the two of you!!!
Post a Comment