Monday, January 15, 2007

Margaret and Shane's New House

This weekend Greg and I went down to Penticton and visited with Shane, Margaret, and Lorelei. They got possession of their new gigantic house on Saturday night. Margaret and I went over there first and took a look around... that house is huge... a total of seven bedrooms (but only 6 now because the wall was taken down between two) and something like 3400 square feet. The first time we were there it was dark and a little creepy... sorry Margaret, just the first night it was because no one was there and the house is old, it was build in 1912... oh ya and it is practically beside the cemetary hehe.

The next day we went back, it was so beautiful in daylight! I told Margaret that it reminded me of the movie Under the Tuscan Sun where a lady ends up buying a huge old house in Tuscany on her trip and fixes it up. Shane spent the day yesterday painting and it is amazing what a little paint will do, it looks so fresh and the warm colours really made it feel more like a home. I can't wait until they get their stuff moved in and we can come over and hang out!

I think Lorelei will love living there too. She had fun running around down the hallway, in to the living room, through the dinning room and back down the hall again. It works out well when all the doors are shut, lots of running space for her and not much for her to get into. I think the yard will be perfect for Lorelei too, it is on 3.7 acres with a view of the lake.

I'm so happy for them, but I can't wait until we have a house of our own... oh well, we'll sacrifice a little longer and save up for a down payment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trisha I love you, I hope you're feeling better. The house is/was kinda creepy but we're working on making it beautiful...can't wait till it's done. BTW, you didn't give Greg any credit for painting away the day with Shane so thanks to Greg from me.

Susie said...

That's so exciting for them. I can't wait to see it. You know, you and Greg are more than welcome and in fact encourage to come see us too. We never know when you are going to be in town so call the next time you are passing through. Kynan would like to see you too.