Monday, November 27, 2006

Winter Wedding







Hello Blogging World!

I have decided to jump on board and start my own blog...

I want to share the story of my Cousin David's wedding with you all. I was invited to David's wedding about a month and a half ago and immediately decided that I wanted to attend. I booked Greg and I a room at the Cariboo Lodge right away.
.
This was a very special wedding as it was a double wedding with two sisters getting married. My cousin David married Corrie and her sister Daphne married Doug. It was also special because it was pushed ahead for Corrie and Daphne's ill father. It was emotional watching both sisters dance with their father; it was evident how close they all are.

Corrie decided to wear her grandmother's dress which was restored as a wedding gift and Daphne wore her step-mother's dress. Both brides looked stunning in their dresses and each suited their personalities. Corrie and Daphne's aunt married them in the small community hall of Clinton, BC and their uncle was the DJ.
.
Corrie has a 10 year old daughter and it seems apparent that David is an excellent role model for her. He has always been so kind with children, Taylor is a lucky little girl. It was special that Taylor wore a white dress in the same style as her mother with the same colour maroon sash around her waist with a big bow in the back.

The ceremony was beautifully decorated with fall colours and tiny white lights. The justice of the peace took turns getting each couple to recite their vows. It was over before anyone knew it and they were off to get pictures taken in the snowy outdoors.
The weather in Clinton was anything but fall like, temperatures were around -21 C and with wind chill it was -29 C... brrrrr.

The reception was later in the evening and was a warm family gathering with a wonderful potluck dinner with more food than people. Everyone had a good time and dancing was a hit on the wood floor that is built over car tires! We had the place hopping literally!

All in all it was a wonderful experience to be a part of and I wish my cousin a lifetime of happiness with his new bride and daughter.... Congrats!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soounds like you and Greg had a good time. We were worried about your trip hom e with the weather turning so nasty. Glad you made it home okay.
Best wishes to the Happy Couples.

Susie said...

Welcome to the blogging world, Trisha. Glad to see that you had a good trip. I am giving you bday gift to my mom, as Dana and I will be away on the date of your birth. If you are driving through, maybe stop in and pick it up. Keep posting! I will be reading!

Anonymous said...

Trisha, good start to your blog, I will look forward to sharing in your daily life a little more. Hugs